***Joana/Mancow's Leveling guide for Horde***
NOTE: that this is what I do to level, I do some stuff that some of you may think like, "what?, what about Hillsbrad?", yes I skip most of Hillsbrad, but this is just part of how I level. And also, I mainly solo the whole game, when I'm playing on new servers, I can't group with anybody cause I'm always like 10 levels above everybody else, so I have to solo everything, but I will also explain stuff you can do with groups. Before I get started on my leveling pattern, I'm gonna start to say how I came up with my pattern.
The first time I went through the game, I attempted virtually EVERY quest, by doing this I learned what quests are worth doing, and which quests should be avoided (because some quests are not good enough for the time/XP reward, and some quests are just down right too hard to solo at certain levels. How did I find out about all the quests? Easy, websites such as Thottbot.com and wow.allakhazam.com show you EVERY quest in the game, and give huge amounts of detail about where all the quest mobs/items are at, and how much the XP reward is for it and everything. And the first time I went through the game I read EVERY quest description and took my time REAL slowly, learning everything I can about the game, I tried every profession, I did every instance like at least 5 times, and (with my dedication) I studied websites on every instance, about the loot from the mobs, all the quests for them, and the correct way to do each one. As I played through the game the first time I constantly pressed "M" key to see the map to see where I was, so I can memorize the game world and where everything is at exactly (heck I still do that now!). This guide has only been in my head, until now. This quest pattern in my opinion is VERY accurate and will show people the fastest way to do most of all the Horde quests in the game in the least amount of time and will give other hints on how to do them too. This is the same questing pattern I used to get 4 days 20 hours /played time to 60 on a new server, and has even been revised for the better!
Also the quest patterns are pretty much the same no matter what class you choose (except you have to do your class's quests which arenít a whole lot). I'm going to give my quest patterns starting with a hunter in Durotar.
If you come across any quest that you don't know where or how to do it, simply look it up at either wow.allakhazam.com or Thottbot.com, they will tell you everything about the quest. If you are confused as to where the specific zones are at, then this map should help you find them.
PLEASE READ! (HOW TO USE THIS GUIDE): All quests and mob links are colored in BLUE. All quests are linked to both Thottbot and Allakhazam, you can see this by the last two letters in each quest link will take you to Thottbot instead of Allakhazam.
ABOUT THE VIDEOS: All video links are in RED, All videos are linked to both Stage6 and Google Video. Now keep in mind Stage6 has MUCH higher video quality than Google video. Always try Stage6 first, if there is a problem with Stage6 (Sometimes Stage6 can take a bit longer to load the videos, however most of the time Stage6 will work really fast and efficient, Stage6 is going through an Alpha phase at the time of this writing, so you may experience some slow downs or issues from time to time, that is why I provide a mirror link (Google video), use Google video only if you have problems with Stage6. All these videos were recorded in Divx, Stage6 only shows Divx videos, so again it has MUCH higher quality for my videos, Google Video takes the quality away from my videos big time. The last letter in each short video link will take you to Google video instead. Mirrors are provided if there is an issue with one of the links. This video was recorded on Jubei'Thos server, and shows me going from 1-60 in 4 days 20 hours /played time, and first to 60 on that server! Make sure you go to Divx.com and download and install the latest Divx codec so you can view my videos properly.
Keep in mind the text guide is actually more up to date than the video its self. I have a few slightly modified questing patterns in the text guide that don't match the video, the ones in the text are more accurate.
HUNTER ONLY PARTS: All text colored in MAROON are hunter specific ONLY.
NOTE: Please refer to the end of the guide for regular tips and tricks that will help you level faster!
World of Warcraftô
If you are interested in making money referring people to buy my guide, you can follow the instructions on THIS PAGE HERE about how to do this, generally with my affiliate program you earn 50% of all the profit if you refer somebody to my site with your affiliate link that buys my guide! TALK ABOUT EASY MONEY!
Here's my basic leveling pattern:
LVL - Area
Now Iím going to break it down step by step exactly what quests I do, and whether I did any grinding or not.
Click Here for Undead or Tauren Starting Zones!
01) I do every single quest in Durotar! Here's the fastest way to do em:
06) Turn those quests in, then accept and go do...
08) Once those two are done use your hearthstone.
09) Turn those quests in, then..
11) Leave starting noob zone...
12) Run to Sen'jen Village, make sure you do these along the way:
17) Then run up to Razor Hill (52.44), grinding mobs along the way,
18) Make sure you get to level 6 before you get up there for new spells.
20) Make Razor Hill your home.
21) Get first aid.
23) After killing Benedict (he is up in the building at 59.58) and get his key, go up the steps open the chest and grab the note that starts:
30) Then go to Echo Isles (the islands south-east of Durotar) and do all these quests:
35) After completing all these quests, die on purpose, so you end up right at Sen'jin Village...
42) Grind mobs to lvl 10.
44) Get new spells/abilities.
46) Dire molted bore (south of razor hill)
47) Surf crawler (north east of razor hill at 58.30), DON'T go down to Senjen Village, itís too far away.
48) Armored scorpid (north west of razor hill)
50) And tame an Encrusted Surf Crawler for your first real pet, you'll get Claw Rank2 right off the bat.
52) Go to Orgrimmar (at 45.11)
57) Then go do:
59) Then go do:
61) Then go do:
67) If you can, try to kill Gazz'uz, he drops "Eye of Burning Shadow" item which starts "Burning Shadows" quest. HINT: use the quest reward item Faintly Glowing Skull to help you kill him, heís tough without it, also try to party up with somebody if you can. (See Video on how I killed Gazz'uz)
69) Go to Orgrimmar
71) Go to Neeru Fireblade in Cleft of Shadows (49.50)
76) Hearth to Razor Hill.
77) Build up first aid.
78) Get new spells/abilities.
80) Run west into the Barrens...
03) Run to XRs (Crossroads) (at 52.30)
04) While on my way to XRs, I abandon my crab and tame a Savannah Huntress cat, for my new pet.
05) Once at XRs turn in "Crossroads Conscription" Then accept all quests in XRs (which includes: "Plainstrider Menace" "The Forgotten Pools" "Raptor Thieves" "Wharfmaster Dizzywig" "Fungal Spores" "Disrupt the Attacks" "Supplies for the Crossroads" and "Harpy Raiders" on top of the watch tower)
06) Make XRs your home.
07) Get FP (Flight Path)
17) Turn those in, accept new ones, then go do:
24) At this point, I make sure I have three 6 slot bags, if I don't, I buy them at the bag vendor.
25) Run west from XRs, go to the guy in the hut... (at 45.28)
27) Then go start doing:
06) Then go back to the Barrens..
01) Grind your way back to the guy in the hut (at 45.28)
04) Run to XRs (Cross Roads)
05) Turn in quests, grab new ones...
07) Grind your way down south...
11) Get new spells/abilities.
13) Go to first aid guy at spirit rise to build up first aid.
14) Go up to the tower in middle of town to get FP, but DON'T fly back to XRs
15) Hearth back to XRs
17) Then go north west of XRs and do:
20) Then grind your way east and do:
22) Then go east to Sludge Fen and do:
25) Then go north-east and do:
27) Then grind your way south to Ratchet...
30) Then go west of ratchet and do:
32) Then run to XRs
37) Hearth to XRs.
40) Go down south and do:
47) Then grind your way to Camp Taurajo (45.60)
49) Go to gnoll in the cage...
53) At this point, you should be a 3rd way to level 20.
54) Now comes the fun part: Wailing Caverns Instance! (at 46.36)
55) OPTIONAL: GRIND all the way to level 20! (which is what I do, but it's not recommended)
56) I grind away at beasts and brisstlebacks just north of CT.
58) Once your about a bar away from 20, run to XRs...
60) Fly to Orgrimmar, get new spells/abilities.
62) Hearth back to XRs.
63) Fly to Ratchet...
66) Then go do: "The Guns of Northwatch" (at 60.55) (See complete video on how this quest along with the escort quest is done)
70) Turn in both quests at Ratchet, then..
71) Hearth to XRs. (if hearth stone is still on a cooldown, fly to XRs)
72) Run into Stonetalon Mountains...
01) Run to Malaka'Jin...
08) Run to Sun Rock Retreat at 46.59.
09) Get FP there.
14) Hearth to XRs.
15) Stable your pet.
01) As soon as you enter Ashenvale keep an eye out for a Ghostpaw Runner and tame it for Bite Rank3.
02) Run to Splintertree Post (at 73.65)
04) Get FP in Splintertree Post.
05) Run all the way to Zoram Strand (at 13.31), grind mobs along the way so you get the *Bite Rank3* ability before you get there.
06) Once you get *Bite Rank3*, abandon your wolf and Tame a Clattering Crawler at the Zoram Strand to get *Claw rank 3*
07) Get FP there.
08) Use that pet to Do the following quests:
11) Turn those quests in...
12) Hearth back to XRs, get cat back out (train your cat the new abilities).
01) Fly to CT
03) Make CT your home
04) I give bloodshards to the gnoll in the cage to get increased agility/spirit.
05) Run down and do, in the following order:
11) Fly to XR.
16) Fly to XRs
17) Fly to Stonetalon Mountains...
01) Accept all quests at Sun Rock Retreat...
02) And make it your home.
10) NOTE: I skip getting my level 24 spells/abilities (cause there's little that are useful at this level)
17) Hearth back to Sun Rock Retreat
19) Go do:
23) Turn them all in.
24) Fly directly to CT...
02) Make CT your home.
04) Go down and do:
09) Go to the Great Lift.
12) Run to Freewind Post...
03) Get FP there.
04) Go do (in the following order):
09) If your not level 26 (or two bars away from it), grind till you are.
10) Go to Freewind Post..
13) Hearth to Camp Taurajo.
17) Fly to Thunder Bluff to get new spells/abilities.
20) Fly to Ashenvale...
01) Make it your home.
02) Do the following order:
04) Kill the first of the three mobs related to the Ashenvale hunt:
05) "Sharptalon's Claw" (Kill Sharptalon, then he drops the item that starts this quest) (hint: easy way to kill it (he's lvl 31 mob), is kill him half way then drag him into the guards at Splintertree Post, they will finish em LOL).
12) Hearth to Splintertree Post to turn in all the quests.
13) Fly to Zoram Strand.
16) Turn them in, hearth back to Splintertree Post.
17) If im not level 27 i'll grind till I am
18) Stable pet
21) Get cat back out.
23) Go do "Ordanus" (61.52) (fight your way to him, just kill the guy, grab his head and jump out of there!)
28) Fly to Stonetalon Mountains...
02) Make it your home.
04) Turn it in.
05) Fly to Thunder Bluff
07) Fly to Thousand Needles...
02) I do the following order:
04) Go to Whitereach Post, grab quests there, go do:
10) Hearth to Sun Rock Retreat.
11) Fly to TB
14) Get new spells/abilities.
15) Fly back to 1K Needles. Make Freewind Post your home.
23) Grind to level 29 (which should only be a couple bars), I grind away at centuars around Camp E'Thok
27) Hearth back to Freewind Post.
28) Turn in ALL quests
30) Fly to Orgrimmar
31) Make Orgrimmar your home.
32) Go to UC
33) Run to Tarren Mill (go out of the UC through the sewers, it's faster)Ö
02) Once at Tarren Mill:
06) GET FLIGHT PATH THERE!!!!
07) Go start killing Yetis...
10) As soon as I hit 30, I hearth to Orgrimmar to get new spells/abilities.
11) Then go back to Hillsbrad.
13) Go back to the Yeti cave...
15) I keep grinding away at Yetis until my pet levels up.
16) Go up into Alterac Mountains...
01) Do the following:
04) Kill "Frostmaw" Yes I know your gonna be killing "Frostmaw" (level 37 mob) at level 30, it's a tough battle so prepare yourself! (See Video) NOTE: If you fail, you can try again later once you come back here at Level 37.
05) Run down to Southshore, to drive the rod into Helcular's grave. (hint: I use my pet to distract the guards, by having my pet run all over the place). This is for the quest "Helcular's Revenge" (See Video)
06) Run back to Tarren Mill
09) Run into Arathi Highlands...
01) Go do this quest:
03) Then run to Hammerfall.
07) Get FP there.
11) Hearth to Orgrimmar.
12) Get on the Zeppelin to go to Grom'Gol.
01) Get the FP at Grom'Gol.
02) Go up north and start doing the STV hunt quests:
11) Skip the rest for now.
12) You should be lvl 31 now for sure, if not grind to it.
13) Hearth to Orgrimmar.
14) Fly to XRs.
17) Run back to XRs.
18) Fly to 1K needles.
19) Go to Shimmering Flats...
04) Accept and do:
10) Turn them in
15) You should be 32 now, if not grind to it.
16) Go to Tanaris to get FP
17) Hearth to Orgrimmar
21) Stop at first aid guy to buy silk bandage training.
22) Then fly to Stonetalon Mountains.
23) Run into Desolace...
01) First thing to do here is start killing mobs at the Thunder Axe Fortress...
03) Then go down the path and do:
05) Then go to Ghost Walker Post
11) Do in the following order:
16) Turn them in, collect new quests then do:
18) Accept all quests at Shadowprey Village
19) Make Shadowprey Village your home.
20) Then do:
26) Then go do:
30) Then grind your way back to the argent dawn dude...
32) Then go do all this stuff in the water to the west:
43) Then go do:
48) Hearth to Shadowprey Village
49) Stable pet
50) Turn in all quests there.
51) You should be level 34 now for sure.
54) Fly CT.
55) Once at CT, run into Dust Wallowmarsh
60) Now run to Brackenwall Village
62) Stop at the troll vendor, buy the 3 first aid books
63) Fly to XRs
65) Get on the boat to go to BB (Booty Bay) ... (while waiting for the boat, build up first aid)
01) Grab all quests to do in BB
02) Cat should still be stabled, you should still have the Scorpashi Lasher as a pet.
03) Make BB your home.
04) Fly to Grom'gol...
05) Grab all quests in grom'gol
06) Get new hunter spells/abilities
08) Then, this is the main pet I use for the rest of the game.
09) Go complete these quests:
17) Once all those are done, go to Grom'gol
20) Should be lvl 35 now for sure, buy new water/food/repair, then go do (in the following order):
24) Then go to Nesingwary's Expedition ... turn in all quests, accept all new ones. Then go do:
29) Hearth to BB, turn in quests.
32) Get new hunter spells/abilities
33) Get on the zeppelin to go to the Undercity.
35) Then fly to Hammerfall...
01) Make Hammerfall your home.
07) Go in the cave (look for the tree, shows you where the hidden path is)...
11) Then do:
15) Then go down and do:
21) Hearth to Hammerfall
24) NOTE: i SKIP all stromguard quests (but I still recommend doing them if you can find groups)
25) Fly to Tarren Mill...
02) Then go do them in Alteric Mountains (at Dalaran)
04) Then go do them in Alteric Mountains (at Dalaran)
05) Once they are both completed, die on purpose, so u end up at TM
06) Turn them in, then fly to the UC.
08) Make sure you buy some fungus food (food for a turtle youíre about to tame later)
09) Then go to the cooking center in UC and buy 3 soothing spices. (this is for a later quest)
10) Get on zeppelin to go to orgrimmar
12) Then fly to XRs.
13) Make XRs your home.
14) Fly to Freewind Post (1k needles)...
01) Stable pet
02) Run towards the Shimmering Flats..
04) Go tame a level 34-35 turtle (for Bite Rank5), feed the fungus/fruit/fish to him.
07) Use that turtle to Do the following quests:
10) Hearth to XRs
11) Abandon turtle, get cat back out.
13) Fly to Dustwallow Marsh...
03) I turn this zone into a quest-grind area, ill move around killing anything in my path while focusing on these quests:
08) I'll stop at the big raptor spot at 47.17, and grind it clear several times.
11) Stop at Brackenwall Village and turn in all quests, accept new ones.
15) I grind some more at the raptors and such, at this point I should be a little over half way to 39.
16) I then go do this quest:
18) I then die on purpose, so I end up right at Brackenwall Village.
21) Hearth to XRs
23) Get on the boat to go to BB...
02) Make BB your home.
03) Fly to Grom'gol
06) Go do:
08) Grind away at raptors/cold eye ballisks till level 39, then do:
14) Hearth to BB
16) Then go do
19) Once that's done run back into BB
24) Fly to Grom'gol
26) You should be a little over half way to 40 now.
27) Now I grind the rest of the way to 40 on raptors/cold eye ballisks
29) Once I hit 40, I get new hunter spells/abilities at grom'gol
30) Then get on the zeppelin to go to the UC.
31) Fly to Hammerfall
32) Run all the way to the Badlands...
01) The goal here is not to leave till your level 41, so grind mobs every where you go to...
04) Grind your way north-west...
06) Grind your way west to Kargath...
07) Get FP at Kargath
08) Do NOT make Kargath your home. (it should still be BB)
10) Then go do:
15) "Unclaimed Baggage" (this is done at Angor Fortress, 42.31) (the Pack is in an orange barrel on the left entrance of the fortress, and the Rapier is on the weapon rack going through the right entrance of the fortress)
19) Then make sure all quests are done and turned in, then grind your way east discovering new areas, eventually end up at Lethlor Ravine grinding away at dragon whelps for a little bit.
20) You should be 41 now for sure, if not grind to it.
21) Hearth to BB
22) Fly to Grom'gol
23) Then run all the way to Swamp of Sorrows.
27) Then run into Swamp of Sorrows...
01) Start off doing:
06) Grind to Stonard
07) Make it your home
09) Stable pet.
10) Get FP.
14) Then hearth to Stonard.
15) Get cat back out.
16) Go do the following quests:
28) Hearth to Stonard
30) Should be lvl 42 now, get new hunter spells/abilities.
31) Fly to Grom'gol...
02) Fly to BB
03) Accept ALL quests in BB
05) Make BB your home.
06) Then go do in the following order:
11) I keep grinding away at Skullsplitter trolls until I'm at least 2-3 bars away from 43.
12) Then hearth to BB
13) Turn in ALL quests.
14) Fly to grom'gol
17) Get on the zeppelin to go to Orgrimmar.
18) Fly to Thunder Bluff
20) Fly to Desolace (or Dustwallow Marsh)...
01) OPTIONAL: This whole section can be skipped if you are 4-5 blocks or more into lvl 43, it would not hurt to skip this section and go straight to Dustwallow Marsh.
02) Make Shadowprey Village your home.
06) ...If you donít find the giant and get the "Deepstrider Tumor", then the quest will have to be abandoned, I donít spend time going all over looking for a deepstrider gaint.
07) Then do:
11) Then hearth to Shadowprey Village
13) Fly to Dustwallow Marsh...
03) Go down and do:
08) Then grind your way back to Brackenwall village
12) Fly to Tanaris...
01) Go into Gadgetzan...
05) Make Gadgetzan your home.
06) Then grind your way east to Steamwheedle Port.
09) Then go complete these quests:
17) Once their all done, hearth to Gadgetzan.
20) Go to Steamwheedle Port.
23) Then hearth to Gadgetzan. Make sure you save (put in your bank) all the Wastewander Water Pouches you have, because you will need them for a later quest.
25) Fly to Freewind Post
26) Run into Feralas...
01) Run into Camp Mojache.
02) Accept ALL quests there.
03) Get FP.
04) Make it your home.
05) Then go do in the following order:
10) Turn ALL those quests in, accept new ones.
14) Turn those quests in, accept new ones.
15) Then go do:
21) Then go turn those quests in, accept new ones.
22) At this point in the game, I always tend to get 90+ gold to buy my mount.
23) I then Fly to Orgrimmar...
31) I then head south from Durotar and buy my mount!
32) Then hearth back to Feralas...
35) Grind away at hippogryphs till it's completed.
38) If your not level 46, grind till you are on hippogryphs..
39) Hearth back to Camp Mojache.
41) Fly to Thunder Bluff
43) Get new spells/abilities.
44) Fly to Splintertree Post (Ashenvale)
45) Then go into Azshara...
02) Then go do them, and turn them in.
03) Then go to Valormok (at 21.52)
05) Then get FP there and fly to Orgrimmar.
06) Then head to Under City.
11) Fly to Tarren Mill.
12) Make Tarren Mill your home.
13) Then go into Hinterlands...
02) Ride all the way to Revantusk Village (at 77.80)
03) Accept: "Vilebranch Hooligans" "Cannibalistic Cousins" "Message to the Wildhammer" "Stalking the Stalkers" "Hunt the Savages" and "Avenging the Fallen". Before you go out and start questing make sure you stock up heavily on food/water/supplies cause you won't be back to town for while.
04) Then go do the following:
11) "Testing the Vessel"
17) Yeah the good 'ol hinterlands grind.. have fun LOL.
21) Go to Revantusk Village.
22) Turn in ALL quests.
23) Then get FP and fly to TM.
25) I then get all my magewaeve out from my mailbox, then fly to Hammerfall...
26) Then go to Doctor Gregory Victor to build up first aid...
27) ...Iím usually able to get to 290 first aid for Heavy Runecloth bandage. However, try to save 60 mageweave cloth for a later quest called "A Donation of Mageweave"
28) Then fly back to TM.
29) Then ride back into Hinterlands (donít fly)
31) Then hearth to TM.
33) Fly to the UC.
34) Go to magic quarter and turn in "A Donation of Mageweave" (you need 60 mageweave cloth for this quest)
36) Get on the zeppelin to go to Grom'gol...
03) Go to Grom'gol..
04) Turn in "Grim Message"
05) Fly to BB.
08) Make BB your home.
09) Accept "The Captain's Chest" (Elite) then go do it (at 36.65) NOTE: This quest is tough to solo, it can be soloed, but you should find a group to help you kill Gorlash, I personally skip it while racing to 60.
10) Go out to the shore east of BB, find a small bottle laying around the shore, until this item shows up:
14) Then hearth back to BB, if hearth stone still is on a cooldown, die on purpose.
16) Fly to Kargath (Badlands)..
18) Go into Searing Gorge...
03) Then go up north-west, Talk to Kalaran Windblade (at 39.39) on way to Thorium Point. Do first his listen to me quest "Divine Retribution". In order to get "The Flawless Flame" Once at Thorium Point collect ALL quests there and get the FP there too.
04) Then do the following:
14) Once all that's done, turn them all in. make sure you have all 20 solid crystal leg shafts.
15) Head south into Burning Steppes..
16) I discover some areas, then get FP there (at 65.25), and fly directly to Stonard (swamp of sorrows)...
01) Make Stonard your home.
05) Either way, hearth back to Stonard.
07) Get new hunter spells/abilities
12) Then die on purpose, so you end up at Stonard.
15) Go back to Stonard and fly to Grom'gol
16) Get on the zeppelin to go to Orgrimmar.
20) Then head west to Bloodfen Burrow cave (31.67), and do "Cortello's Riddle" ... accept the next part to it. (See Video doing this quest then dying on purpose to raptors)
21) Then die on purpose, so you end up back at Brackenwall Village.
23) Then fly to Tanaris..
25) Then Fly to Feralas...
03) Make it your home.
05) Then hearth back to Camp Mojache.
09) Stable pet.
12) Then use that pet to Do the following quests:
19) ..Hearth to Camp Mojache.
20) Abandon bear, get cat back out.
24) Fly to Tanaris...
01) Make Gadgetzan your home.
04) Go do (in the following order:
10) Hearth to Gadgetzan.
14) Go do:
16) If the "OOX-17/TN Distress Beacon" item drops, accept the quest "Find OOX-17/TN!"
17) Turn in "Find OOX-17/TN!" (at 59.65)
18) NOTE: I skip all escort robot chicken quests, their not too hard, if you wanna try.
19) Once "Tanaris Field Sampling" is done, go do "The Scrimshank Redemption" The secret for finding the item for this quest is keep making right turns in the cave and it will lead you to it. (See Video)
25) Fly to Orgrimmar..
26) Make Orgrimmar your home.
27) Fly to Azshara...
02) Go do:
07) Then fly to Thunder Bluff..
09) Hearth to Orgrimmar.
14) Then go to The Undercity, head to the Apothecarium Quarter...
20) Then fly to Raventusk Village (Hinterlands)...
02) Stable cat.
04) Go do in the following order:
10) Then hearth to Orgrimmar.
11) Fly to Azshara.
12) Turn in all 4 delivery quests.
13) Fly to XRs.
14) Make XRs your home.
15) Fly to Ratchet.
17) Get on the boat to go to BB
18) Fly to Stonard (swamp of sorrows)..
19) Go into Blasted Lands...
01) I then find all the items to complete these 5 quests:
07) You need to find these many items to complete those quests:
13) While I'm in Blasted Lands, I discover most of all the areas for XP.
16) Turn in all quests.
18) Then hearth to XRs.
19) Fly to Tanaris
24) Then go into Un'Goro Crater...
04) Then go into Marshal's Refuge, accept ALL quests there.
06) Then go do the Ungoro Grind :) ...
07) NOTE: donít worry about the ungoro dirt mounds, you'll find enough soil from mob drops.
18) Then go do:
26) ...This leads back to Marshal's Refuge, Turn in ALL quests there, accept new ones.
27) Then go do (in the following order):
32) Go west killing oozes along the way..
35) Go back to Marshal's Refuge killing oozes along the way..
37) Then go to Silithus, go to Cenarion Hold, get FP there.
38) Fly to Tanaris
40) Then fly to Thunder Bluff
41) Go to Elder Rise
43) ...but SKIP the next part (the part that says bring 10 Morrowgrain)
44) Go get new spells/abilities.
45) Hearth to XRs.
46) Then fly to Ratchet..
48) Get on the boat to go to BB..
49) Fly to Kargath (Badlands)..
52) Then fly to Burning Steppes...
02) Then go do:
08) Then fly to Kargath (Badlands)
12) Then hearth to XRs.
13) Then fly to Orgrimmar.
14) Make Orgrimmar your home.
15) Fly to Azshara...
04) Then go do:
08) NOTE: I grind away at bloodelfs for a while doing those 2 quests.
11) Then go do:
14) Once both are done, Hearth to Orgrimmar.
15) Then Fly to Azshara..
19) At this point im usually about 3/4th the way to lvl 54, I grind my way to level 54 on BloodElfs.
20) I grind bloodelfs, cause their "squishy" mobs (mobs that have 30% fewer health/armor, than the average mob that level). I used to grind satyrs on previous speed runs, but I was able to cut off almost a whole hour with the blood elfs.
21) OPTIONAL: Instead of the grinding you could go do BRD instance instead.
22) Once I hit 54 (or a few bars past it), I then hearth to Orgrimmar.
24) Then fly to Splintertree Post (Ashenvale)..
25) Then go into Felwood...
05) Then go to BloodVenom Post
07) Get FP there.
08) Then go do in the following order:
13) Grind your way through the cave to go to Winterspring...
02) Go to Donova Snowden (at 31.46)
05) Go to Everlook..
08) Make Everlook your home.
10) Then hearth back to Everlook.
11) Then go do the following quests:
17) Once the rest of those quests are complete, go back to Everlook and...
19) Then go do:
22) Then hearth to Everlook..
25) Then fly to Felwood...
04) Go do in the following order:
08) Then go to Bloodvenom Post
13) Then go up north and do:
17) Then fight your way through the cave..
20) Then hearth to Everlook.
21) Fly to Orgrimmar..
22) Make Orgrimmar your home.
23) Fly to Camp Mojache, Feralas.
25) Then fly to Tanaris.
27) Then fly to Silithus...
03) Then turn them in and accept new quests.
04) Then go do:
08) Go do "Noggle's Last Hope" along with "Scouring the Desert" Once you find the Silithyst item which looks like a glowing red thing, bring it back to the PVP horde base and stand in the teleporter looking thing, then turn the quest in for 6,600 XP!
10) Once all of those are done, go turn them in at Cenarion Hold, accept new ones.
13) Then I die on purpose, so I end up at Cenarion Hold.
15) Then go to Marshal's Refuge in Un'Goro Crater.
17) Then hearth to Orgrimmar.
18) Go to the Under City.
21) Make Under City your home.
22) Go to the Bulwark... (which is a small village east of Tirisfal Glades)
02) ... (make sure you get a Flame in a Bottle first, before doing this quest, it's in the box)
04) Accept and complete "Argent Dawn Commission"
06) Go into the Western Plaguelands (Felstone field at 38.55) and...
08) Then go to the barn next door, and...
11) Go back to the Bulwark..
14) Go complete the whole Cauldron quest chain...
19) Just keep going back and forth completing each one.
20) Then go accept and complete "Mission Accomplished!"
21) Then head into Eastern Plaguelands...
04) Grind your way to Darrowshire (36.92) doing these quests:
12) Then go to Light's Hope Chapel (at 81.60)
15) Get FP there.
16) Then go do:
26) Go through the cave (watch out for the elite spider) and then turn in "Demon Dogs" "Blood Tinged Skies" and "Carrion Grubbage" accept "Redemption" ... Just talk to the guy to complete it ... I SKIP "Of Forgotten Memories" (you can try it if you find a group)
30) Hearth to Under City..
33) Go back to the Bulwark...
06) Turn in "Unfinished Business" part1 ... accept "Unfinished Business" part2, then go do it. The 2 mobs for this quest are at (57.37 and 54.24). While doing this quest make sure you do "The So-Called Mark of the Lightbringer" along with it, it's up in the top of the tower at 54.23)
13) Go into Andorhal..
16) Then go do (while grinding away at mobs):
19)"The Annals of Darrowshire" the book for this is in the building at (42.67), the actual Annals of Darrowshire book looks different from the others, it has a lighter tint on the top portion of the pages in the book, unlike the rest which has a darker tint on the top portion of the pages. (See Video)
23) I then keep grinding away at mobs in Andorhal till I'm Friendly with the Argent Dawn, so I'm able to buy Enriched Manna Biscuits (which replenish mana faster from drinking)
24) As soon as I hit Friendly with AD, I then go back to the Bulwark..
30) I turn in any scourge stones, I have.
32) Then go get on the zeppelin to go to Orgrimmar. (while waiting, make heavy runecloth bandages)
33) Once in Orgrimmar I get new spells/abilities.
34) Bank 2/3rd of my manna biscuits.
35) Then fly to Winterspring...
01) First thing I do here is stable my pet.
02) Then make Everlook your home.
07) Then hearth to Everlook.
10) Then go south and do:
14) Then when I'm a few bars away from 59, I go back up to Everlook (DONT hearth)..
16) Fly to Bloodvenom Post (Felwood)..
18) Then hearth back to Everlook.
20) I keep grinding away at Owls till I'm about 59 and a half, then...
21) I die on purpose, so I end up at Everlook (donít hearth)
22) Then Fly to Bloodvenom Post (Felwood)..
24) I then fly to Thunderbluff, go to Elder Rise..
26) Hearth back to Everlook.
27) At this point I'm usually about 3/4 way to 60.
Tips/tricks that will help you level faster:
1. If your goal is to level really fast, then your gonna have to stop worrying about professions, they will slow you down if anything. The only profession I use is First Aid.
2. Always make sure you have the latest up to date food/drink, regenerating mana/life faster from eating/drinking is VERY important to leveling faster. So as soon as you hit 15/25/35/45, upgrade your food/water immediately.
3. I strategically use hearth stones through out the whole game, if you have to hearth and there still is a cooldown, then logging out of the game, will still make the cooldown tick. This will help you get a better /played time at the end.
4. Practice makes perfect, I canít stress this enough, the more times you go through the game to 60, the faster you get at it, it's as simple as that.
5. Plan ahead. While questing, always know what your going to do next.
6. Use Auto-Run a lot, you can still type and do other stuff while auto-running.
7. If your goal is to get a VERY good /played time to 60, then NEVER do BGs, NEVER go to the AH (see below), NEVER go AFK, NEVER go to the ARENA in STV.
8. You should always have a bank/AH alt on every server you have a main character on. This is VERY important. I consistently use the mail system as a "bank", Any time im out questing and find a bunch of greens or items that will sell in the AH, I DO NOT go to the AH with that character to put it in the AH, instead I send them all to an ALT through the mailbox. Then with the ALT, ill put them in the AH. Also, I strategically use the mail box as a "storage system". For example, I have a bunch of Silk Cloth in my inventory, that im going to use later, but not now, instead of it wasting space in my inventory, ill send it to my ALT, then from my ALT, ill send it right back to my main, so it sits in my mailbox, when I need it.
9. Before I go out questing, I make sure I have plenty of food/water/bullets or arrows/and repaired, so I can last hours before returning to town.
10. Donít think just because your inventory is filled you have to go back to town to empty it every time, I consistently destroy items to make room for quest items or items that are more important.
11. Use the new built in auto loot feature that has been implemented in patch 2.0! This can speed up leveling a lot, since you won't have to manually loot every corpse. To enable this, go to Interface Options, then put a check next to "Auto Loot Corpse". I am finally glad they implemented this!
12. Donít loot every mob! If your goal is to level like a madman, then donít loot mobs that would waste too much time. Although the higher the level I get the more percent chance that I will loot mobs. here's a rough estimate of whether I loot mobs or not:
lvl - % chance to loot
1-10 - 97% I loot more here cause I donít have a pet yet, so the mob drops dead right where im at each time.
10-20 - 70%
20-30 - 80%
30-40 - 87%
40-50 - 95%
50-60 - 98%
How do I determine whether or not I loot? Many factors comes in to play here, like if my inventory is full or not, or how much time it would take to go loot a mob then continue on, or if it's a beast type mob (which donít drop cloth/money).
13. Many people have asked me if instances are a waste of time. No, they are worth doing, but only if you have a good group to do them. I personally skip instances while racing myself to 60, cause I donít want to take the chance that I will have a bad group. But if your just playing casually, then I recommend doing them.
14. If your goal is to level real fast then stick with one type of weapon the whole game. I choose to stick with staves the WHOLE game, even if I find an epic whatever, I stick with staffs, cause it slows you down when you have to level up new weapons. Plus, I get staff quest rewards along the way. Although if you refuse this tip, then if you want to level up a new weapon faster, you can use your abilities (which counts as extra weapon hits), such as disengage/raptor strike/Mongoose Bite/Wing Clip for melee weapons, which will help level up your weapons faster.
15. from my experience gear is overrated, people think gear is too important for everything (even leveling faster). Well, from my experience it's not that important, your character does most of it's damage from it's actual character level and its skills/abilities and your pet's damage (if your a hunter), and from better bullets/arrows/scopes. I could use a low level green bow/gun all the way to 60, or a high level epic bow/gun all the way to 60, and I betcha my final /played time will hardly be no difference at all. So don't panic if your stuck with a lower level green for awhile. As a matter of fact, on Jubei'Thos server (the server I finished with a final time of 4 days 20 hours), I used a level 36 green bow all the way to level 57, I then found a level 50 green gun at level 57 that I used to 60. Through out all my speed runs I never buy weapons/armor in the AH to use, I save my money so I have enough to buy a mount (which I usually am able to afford at level 45), youíll find sufficient weapon/armor from mob drops and quest rewards. The only thing I do buy from the auction hall is scopes, better bags, better ammo/arrow bags, and maybe a better bow/gun, thatís it.
16. I get asked a lot why I choose troll rather than orc for a hunter. The racial bonuses between orc and troll are pretty much an even choice so it came down to looks for me. Although I do believe the troll beserking ability can be a life saver, but the orcís 5% pet damage is not really much of a life saver.
17. Avoid grinding as much as possible, if you want to get to 60 faster, easier, and with less boredom, then learn to do the quests instead. I actually spend a lot of time flying/riding around turning in quests or moving to the next area (which is still faster than grinding). And while doing all that flying, I take breaks to eat (in RL) or whatever. If your grinding, you have to be there non-stop. Not to mention, questing increases your reputations a lot, compared to grinding, which hardly doesnít at all. Questing is the way to play this game, not grinding.
18. Turn off auto camera and use your mouse to manually adjust your vision. Also crank up your mouse sensitivity high, so you can look around much faster.
Hunter specific tips/tricks::
1. before taming a pet, lay down a frost trap, so the mob freezes solid for a while, instead of having it hit you repeatedly.
2. while drinking, have your pet start attacking something.
3. Learn to use immolation traps a lot. One method I use through out the whole game is: lay down an immolation trap, then serpent sting a mob, have that mob run into the immolation trap, while that mob is taking damage and im tanking it, me and my pet are killing another mob.
4. If a mob has the ability to heal them self, use Intimidation to stop them from healing. (Or scatter-shot if your MM speced)
5. Use a macro to feed your pet, this saves time and frustration.
6. consistently use all your hunter's abilities, use BW/Rapid Fire/Arcane Shot, as soon as the cooldown is up every time. Use a UI add-on that help you see the cooldowns better (like what I use, which is called Cooldown Count mod).
7. Multi-shot single mobs (or even players in PVP). Multi-shots adds an extra free shot (similar to arcane shot) in the shoot cycle. Through out the game check and see if your multi-shots are doing more damage per mana than arcane shots, if so, use multi-shots more often (even on single mobs).
8. Use bandages to heal your pets sometimes instead of using mend pet, this saves your mana, and (depending on the bandage) can heal more HPs up.
9. I personally use a cat as my main pet mainly because it does the most DPS out of all pets. Popular pets such as the Rake are no better than a regular cat for PvE, but for PvP it can make a slight difference.
10. Here are the hotkeys I use. I think using hotkeys is more efficient than pressing icons all the time, so here are the hotkeys I use as a hunter:
"Q" Hunter's Mark
"E" Serpent Sting
"3" Arcane Shot
"X" Bestial Wrath
"2" Raptor Strike
"Z" Rapid Fire
"5" Viper Sting
"SHIFT+F" Immolation Trap
"SHIFT+C" Aspect of the Cheetah
"SHIFT+R" Aspect of the Hawk
"SHIFT+D" Aspect of the Monkey
"CTRL+V" Mend Pet
"CTRL+SHIFT+V" Mend Pet (1-2 skill levels below my best)
"CTRL+E" Concussive Shot
"CTRL+2" Wing Clip
"CTRL+3" auto shoot
"CTRL+S" Beserking (troll racial ability)
"W" move forward (I also sometimes hold both mouse buttons down to move forward)
"A" strafe left
"S" move backwards
"D" strafe right
Here are my Warlock hotkeys:
"Q" Curse of Agony
"SHIFT+F" Siphon Life
"3" Drain Life
"2" Shadow Bolt
"Z" Life Tap
"CTRL+Q" Curse of Weakness
"SHIFT+G" Summon Imp
"SHIFT+C" Death Coil
"X" Dark Pact
"CTRL+C" Drain Soul
"CTRL+W" Amplify Curse
"CTRL+SHIFT+V" Create Healthstone
"4" Demon Armor
"CTRL+G" Summon Voidwalker
"CTRL+V" Health Funnel
"SHIFT+W" Unending Breath
"CTRL+B" Create Soulstone
"CTRL+A" Searing Pain
"CTRL+1" Rain of Fire
"CTRL+SHIFT+R" Ritual of Summoning
"G" Summon Succubus
"I" Eye of Kilrogg
"CTRL+3" Drain Mana
"SHIFT+D" Sense Demons
"SHIFT+4" Banish Rank1
"SHIFT+E" Banish Rank2
"CTRL+N" Create Firestone
"CTRL+4" Enslave Demon
"SHIFT+CTRL+G" Summon Felhunter
"CTRL+D" Detect Invisibility
"CTRL+SHIFT+B" Create Spellstone
"CTRL+SHIFT+E" Howl of Terror
"SHIFT+2" Curse of Shadow
"ALT+Q" Curse of Doom
"SHFT+SPACEBAR" Consume Shadows (VW ability)
"TAB" Suffering (VW ability)
"SHIFT+Q" Curse of Recklessness
"5" Curse of Tongues
"CTRL+S" shoot wand
"CTRL+2" Soul Fire
-------------------------------Abbreviation meanings: BB=booty bay, FP= flight path, CT=camp Taurajo, XR=cross roads, STV=stranglethorn vale, WC= wailing caverns, SM= scarlet monestary, RFK=razorfen krawl, BRD= blackrock depths
Joana, how long did it take you to come up with these awesome leveling routes?
Good question, I went through 8 different horde characters, racing myself to 60 on new servers with each one, I was the first to 60 every time, but my main goal was not first to 60 but a better /played time with each attempt. With each race I basically paid very close attention to every little detail on the fastest way to do the quests etc.. Then in-between new servers, I would spend all my time trying to figure out how to do the next server even faster! I had went through several test characters to find the best grinding spots, figuring out which quests to skip and finding more quests I could do (by looking them up on wow.allakhazam.com or Thottbot.com) Each time improving upon my memorization of everything, I put a LOT of thought in this whole leveling process. I spent literally about 6 solid months doing nothing but coming up with this leveling pattern you have here.
What UI Mods do I use?
I get asked this a lot! I use cosmos UI (www.cosmosui.org) but I only use a few mods that come with it, mainly "Cooldown Count" (the mod that shows the cooldowns of my abilities in yellow on the action bar), "Bar Options" (the only reason I use this is for the "out of range coloring" option), "Census Plus" (which allows me to see a whole census of the current faction side of the server, all the players and their levels in nice graphs), "PopBar" (this is the UI mod that allows me to drop spells/abilities/macros in that huge box on the lower right hand side of the screen, I then have all of those hot keyed for easy game play), "Scrolling Combat Text" (SCT) (I turn everything off on this except the "show dodges", this tells me when I can use the Mongoose Bite ability, since you can only do those after dodges), and a few other minor UI mods (such as map coordinates etc.). I also use a mod I HIGHLY recommend called "AutoProfit", which simply sells all gray items you have in your bags to the vendor at once.
If your into RAIDING you may want to look into other mods that will help you with groups better, you can check out www.curse-gaming.com for all kinds of different UI mods that will help your class or your play style.
For screenshots and to get to know Joana/Mancow better you can visit this part of my site here!
MORE GUIDES: To check out more World of Warcraft guides that are decent buys, you can check out Brian's 1-70 Alliance Guide if you need an alliance guide which is somewhat similar to mine, World Of Warcraft Cash Creating Guide, which is great if you need a gold guide, and also the Ultimate World Of Warcraft Guide, this guide can give you some more pointers on the classes and such.